Home Forums She’s Made Of Muscle Interview with Marzia Prince

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dann77 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

madeofmuscle
    Participant

We have been catching up with IFBB Bikini Pro and fitness pro Marxia Prince. We have been talking about fitness, motivation, nutrition and training.

MARZIA PRINCE

How did your fitness journey begin?

When I was in high school, I played volleyball and ran track. Then after high school, I joined a gym and I transitioned to step aerobics and running. As, I approached my early 20’s I then stepped it up to circuit training and boot camp. It wasn’t until I became a trainer myself at 28 years old that I really learned the importance of the combination of strength, flexibility, and cardio that makes for a really fit body. I learned balance. Now I have a regular routine of strength training, cardio, and flexibility. At 39 today, I am in the best shape of my life.

What motivates you to keep on going?

I have different motivating factors. It really depends what my goals are at that present moment in time. It could be a beach vacation, a competition, a photoshoot, or just living life in general. I always look for things to keep me motivated. I am at my health bliss. I am loving where I am in life right now. It motivates me to keep going.

What has been your greatest accomplishment to date?

Wow, I have so many milestones in life! Besides all the magazine covers and winning competition titles, my greatest accomplishment is myself. I have been a work in progress for many years and I am at a very happy place in life with myself. I didn’t have the best upbringing so for me to be the person I am today despite of all what happened in my past, I am proud to be here right now. I feel like that has been a HUGE accomplishment for me. The 30’s have been the best time of my life. Looking forward to my forties!

[gallery columns="2" ids="1911,1912"]

What do you aim to achieve next?

I have a few projects in the works. My new website will launched in 2014 and you might be seeing my Healthy Housewives brand on TV soon…You will just have to wait and see! 🙂

What advice would you give to someone looking to transform their body?

Take it day by day and meal by meal. It is a long process but so worth it. Not only is it to transform your body, you transform your mind. It is a full life makeover. Be patient and enjoy the moment. Enjoying the journey is half the battle.

What does a typical day’s nutrition look like for you?

I live a plant based lifestyle. I try to eat as organic as I can and I take all SunWarrior supplements. Not only do they have excellent raw vegan non-GMO products, they are an AMAZING company with integrity. They are good people.

• Wake up: 3-4 cups of water with a squeeze of lemon and a dash of apple cider vinegar
    • Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup berries and 1 scoop of Warrior Blend Vanilla Sunwarrior protein powder with my SunWarrior RAW vitamins for her
    • Snack: Fruit smoothie with SunWarrior protein powder with a teaspoon of SunWarrior Ormus Greens
    • Lunch: Large salad with lots of veggies and 3/4 cups of beans with vinaigrette dressing
    • Snack: Green juice or 1/2 cup hummus with 2 cups green raw veggies
    • Dinner: 3/4 cup of beans with 1 cup of brown rice or quinoa and 3 cups of steamed veggies or a side salad.

Which style of training/workout has worked best for you?

I like to change things up. If I do the same thing over and over, my body gets used to it and I gain weight. I have to keep my body guessing. Right now I am balancing TRX training, barre, yoga, and circus training like aerial silks, contortion, and fitness pole. My body has never felt stronger. Back in the day when I did powerlifting and bodybuilding I could leg press 550 lbs. but I couldn’t lift my own body weight. Now I can lift my own body weight. I feel so strong! I love the challenge. I am on the process of learning the human flagpole. I will post a vid when I achieve it.

[gallery columns="2" ids="1913,1909"]

Finally, what’s on your iPod now? Or favourite three gym songs?

I have thousands of songs that I rotate for different workouts. But I really like high energy dance or pop music. It gets my body going and puts me in the mindset: FOCUS!

Please check out my links:

dann77
    Participant

Wow that is a great article!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.