Burgers With An EggAll Recipes / Lunch/Dinner
- 400g/0.9lbs lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon of umami paste
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 brioche buns
- salad for garnish
- In a bowl mix the beef, unami past, tomato ketchup, a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper until all ingredients have been combined.
- Take a handful of the mixture and shape into two burger sized patties.
- Using a shot glass or espresso cup, cut out a whole in the centre of the burger (this is where the egg will go)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to a high heat using a few sprays of cooking spray or coconut oil to prevent sticking and when up to a medium high heat carefully place the burgers in the pan.
- Crack one egg into the whole in the centre of each burger and fry on the first side for 4 minutes
- Flip the burgers over trying to not spill too much of the egg and reduce the heat of the pan down to medium and com for a further 4 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- When the burgers are nearly ready, toast the buns in the oven or toaster and then build your burger and enjoy eating it!