One Pan Chicken CurryAll Recipes / Lunch/Dinner
This is a fantastically tasty and easy to cook chicken curry recipe. The recipe only uses one pan, so washing up is minimal – leaving you with more time to relax or prepare your next day’s meals.
- 2 x Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 tbsp.pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion – chopped
- 180ml low sodium chicken stock
- 80g dry whole-wheat couscous
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 100g tart dry cherries – chopped
- 2 scallions – sliced thinly
- Toast the pine nuts in a fry pan over a low heat for 2 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil over a medium heat in a saucepan and add the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is lightly browned and is white through then remove and cover with tin foil to rest.
- Next, add the remaining tsp. of olive oil and reduce the heat of the pan to low then add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil for 1 minute. Then, remove from the heat and add the couscous, salt, curry powder, cinnamon and cherries
- Cover and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Once ready, fluff the couscous with a fork and serve by adding the chicken and pine nuts and tossing well.