Paleo BurgersAll Recipes / Lunch/Dinner
- 1kg organic grass-fed beef mince
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Sea Salt
- Place mince, onion, garlic, mustard, fish sauce, tomato paste and nutmeg in a medium sized bowl. Mix together (you don’t want to handle the meat too much).
- Use your hands to shape mixture into 7-8 patties (about 1/2 inch thick). Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each pattie. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 the coconut oil in a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper 4 patties, then cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked to taste. Set aside to rest. Add remaining oil and repeat with remaining patties.
- Serve in lettuce leaves with zingy guacamole, caramelised onions, mango slices, pickles, sliced beetroot, sliced tomatoes and sweet potato fries on the side.
Tip: Only salt the patties when you are about to put the pattie in the pan, not a moment before.
Recipe submitted by Primal Sydney